Recent Posts

Thursday, March 19, 2009

My life.

NAY. I will not go to prom with you.
I don't understand why boys in my madrigal choir try to get at this.

SCENE: Classroom
PLOT: Young man comes in to ask me to prom, while I am trying to learn. 

ME: Oh, hey.
BOY: Hey there Miss Stolworthy.
ME: Mmmmhmmm.
BOY: I guess your wondering why I am here.
ME: ( silence )
BOY: Well Emily, I broke up with my girlfriend.
ME: Really? Again? Why?
BOY: Emily, I told you I would leave my girlfriend for only one other girl.
ME: Who that be?
BOY: YOU EMILY!
ME: Uhhhh. 
BOY: That's why I am taking you to Prom.
ME: You're what?
BOY: Are your ears on?? Taking you to prom.
ME: Well, thanks BOY but I can't go.
BOY: What the. Why not?
ME: I'm uh not uh I... ( I couldn't think of anything ! WHY!!!! )
BOY: You're going with me.
ME: I can't! 
BOY: You will, trust me.
ME: Neva.

( Boy leaves. I sit silently )


SCENE 2: Hallway
PLOT: He bombards me, once again.

BOY: EMILY STOLWORTHY EMILY STOLWORTHY EMILY STOLWORTHY.
ME: Yesssir?
BOY: Prom, the 25th of April, Me and You.
ME: I can't go homie.
BOY: You're going.
ME: No, I am not.
BOY: Just wait, you are.

( He leaves, I stand in silence yet again )

SCENE 3 : Hello, music hallway.
PLOT: He ugh.

BOY: Emily, PROM.
ME: No.
BOY: Yes.
ME: No.
Boy: Yes.
ME: NO.
BOY: Give me a good reason young lady.
ME: I do not want to go.
BOY: With me?
ME: With anyone. Boy, come on. You can take your girlfriend.
BOY: We broke up!
ME: Again?
BOY: Yes.
ME:Well, I hear Mr. Mckoy calling my name.


     I think it's my alto voice, it speaks to him.



3 comments:

Jana said...

Hahahaha oh flip man, you are a heartbreaker!

And just to let you know,


It's you're. Not your.
Don't hate me because I love grammar.

cate said...

in the words of kanye west: how could you be so heartless?
hahaha what a creep kid man.

Shelby Lou said...

seriously lady, you have boys taking you down in the hallway to ask you to prom and breaking up with their girlfriends.

tell him that you have to wash your hair.