Recent Posts

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Happy Birthday to the best of the best.

I just want to take a second and try to express how much love I have for that man below in the picture, squishing my Stolworthy cheeks that he blessed me with. 





Thank you Dad for being the most patient and understanding man I have ever met. To have all girls and to have that kind of patience makes you an angel on earth. 

Thank you for the Stolworthy head. It's big, it's bold, and full of knowledge. 

Thank you for loving God more than anything else and showing that to me every single day by the way you act and treat others. 

Thank you for letting me quit swim team after freshmen year because I absolutely hated it and would rather watch Smallville.

Thank you for showing me how to trust in the Lord through everything, no matter what. I remember when you went through the toughest trial of your life, feeling utterly alone, and yet I saw you every morning reading your scriptures, praying, etc and then at night do the very same thing.

Thank you for being a worthy priesthood holder. You make it look easy.




Thank you for loving that mom of mine more than anything.

-For kissing her in the kitchen even though all four of us girls thought it was just the worst.
-For taking her side in arguments that were against one of your own posterity, even though I KNOW I WAS RIGHT.
-For never speaking one bad word about her.
-For laughing with her until you both cry even though it's about one of us children.
-For going on leisurely walks together and still wearing workout clothes.

The love, sacrifice, time, and effort you put in your marriage has been such an example to me and I will be eternally grateful.






Thank you for never giving up on me especially through the hardest trial of my life. I'll be forever grateful, you have no idea. 

Thank you for still cheering for me and paying me my "goal" dollar even though I scored for the other team.

Thank you for your example of sacrifice. You work so hard Dad with your job, church calling, and then on top of it you have four girls that scream and run out of the house when they see a gnat.




Thank you for your HUMOR Dad! Honestly, you teaching all of us about having humor and a positive perspective on life is what has gotten me through some of the toughest times and the best of times. You are the funniest person I know.

Thank you for chasing Molly down the stairs and then sliding on the hardwood floor which led you into running into the wall making a huge hole. I have never laughed so hard. 

Thank you for putting me on time-out for seven hours that one time, grounding me, and taking my phone away. I'm sure one day I'll understand why you did it ;)


 Thank you for believing in me when I didn't believe in myself.

 Thanks for forgiving me after I have crashed two cars, had six concussions, and ruined two phones.

Thank you for chanting/dancing like a russian just so that Cate and I would have non-stop laugh attacks.



Thank you Dad for showing me that TRUE joy comes from the living the gospel.

Thank you for hearing my many rantings of how I would rather become a nun then go on another blind date in Idaho or any continent on this earth.

Thank you for showing me that failure is never fatal. "Fail big, fail gloriously."




Thank you for the daddy-daughter dates to starbucks playing checkers, the walks to Seastrand park, and making your infamous chocolate banana shakes.

Thank you for loving me.

What I am most thankful  for Dad is for you teaching me that I have a Savior who loves me infinitely and that by Him and through Him I can return to Him. This gospel is the best/most wonderful/most amazing thing in my life and I owe you for it by you showing me what a true Christlike example is. I'll love you forever. 





1 comments:

Kayla said...

this made my heart all warm and fuzzy. I just love you.