Recent Posts

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Goodbye Utah, hello work

This past trip to Utah was SO FUN. It truly made me excited for college and made me want to work hard to get up there. Anyways, a recap of what went down is in order. On tuesday, I went to Cafe Rio with Lori and Kayla, to meet up with Lori's sister and Cousin. It was delicious, as always. They were super fast when they made the food! I swear my quesadilla was in my hands right after I ordered it. Then after the rio we went back to the apartment, and I practiced my songs for my audition into the Music Program at UVU. I sang "There are worse things I could do" from Grease and "Anchor of my Soul" from the EFY songbook. I was able to use a piano at my sister's friends house, so that was a major plus. After that we painted our nails and played "Poophead" (a card game) so sO SO many times. It was fun. Then after that we met Cate up at Applebee's (she had to work all the day long) for Karaoke night. Unfortunately, everyone and their mama wanted to sing, and the wait was like an hour and a half long so no no, we did not do it. Then came wednesday, we woke up and went to McDonald's for breakfast, and then I went back to the apartment and kept on practicing. Then at 11:00, I had my audition. Cate came with me. It was truly nerve wrecking, but I have a good feeling about it. Utah Valley has a really nice campus, and Ms. Benish (the director) was a lot of fun. It made me even more excited to come up to Utah! I then said adios to Cate (she had work...AGAIN) and went back to the apartment, picked up Lori and Jessica, got frozen yogurt with Kayla, and hit the road again. Oh, so many stories from this ride home, but these pictures will explain parts of it...



The drive home...Utah is actually pretty during the summer.
Can you see the cute bugs having a party on my window?


Lori's feet on my dashboard

Okay, here is the story on this one. We made a pit stop in St. Geezy and Lori was craving water. Not just any water. Water from Starbucks. Apparently it's free and such so we went through the drive thru to get her it. As we pulled up the guy asked what I wanted and I told him and I also said "it's for my friend here..." then it took him FOREVER to get this cup of water. We started groaning and stuff and then pulled up to the window. He handed me the water and said," I heard you guys grunting and moaning." Awkward. The end.


i love roadtrips.


2 comments:

. said...

BAHAHAH!
its good water okay! shoot!
i think the hippy guy at Starbucks was crushing on you. he liked your grunts apparently.

p.s. word verification: beanical haha

miss chaz. said...

haha you are a crack up. and SO CUTE.

Yay for college! And good luck with the music auditions. I heard you're A-mazing.

Happy Summer!
xx chaz