Recent Posts

Thursday, May 30, 2013

What lack I yet?


Hello all. I let myself eat a cupcake this morning because I am actually blogging again. Hip hip hoorah or hooray! Anyway, this past weekend has been awesome/a learning experience and I definitely have a lot of thoughts on my mind. 

First, I am a blessed, very blessed little girl. The Lord truly knows me and who I need at different times. Whether it's a random run-in with someone who says something that I need to hear or someone that I randomly hangout with after three plus years who sets an example or just awesome people who I randomly meet and become close with. Some of my roommates this past weekend got to meet some of my friends and said," Emily you always find the most awesome people as your friends in the most random places." I know it's not random and I am eternally grateful for them.

Second, Faith is something that I am cherishing a lot lately. I recently decided that I am going to restart the New Testament again. I was reading In Matthew 19 and something definitely stood out to me. A young man went to Christ and asked, "what lack I yet?" For some reason this hit me. I am constantly looking for ways to improve and sometimes that can get a bit overwhelming. I've noticed myself focusing on what I lack instead of what I have improved on. I cannot attain perfection in this life. I will always lack something and I need to accept that. It's in the eternities to come when I'll be made perfect. All the Lord cares about is that you are trying. He already knows you can do it.

Third, "Be not afraid, only believe." (Mark 5:36) I am not going to lie, preparing/going on a mission is so exciting, but also scary. I am so STOKED to go, which bothers me even more that I allow thoughts of doubt to creep in. All I can do is have faith and be believing, sometimes I even feel like I'm crying out "Lord, I believe; help thou my unbelief." (Mark 9:24) and you know what, He does help, always.

I am very thankful for trials, for a Savior who loves me infinitely through it all, and is my constant companion. When we put ourselves in situations where the Spirit can dwell, we will feel His presence, and we will come to know His nature even more. By so doing, we become like Him and one day will be able to stand in His presence with a smile on our face. I love it.

P.S.- I think I have 83 days until I leave! Hallelujah!

0 comments: