Recent Posts

Monday, June 17, 2013

From the Heart Choir

....soooooooo this semester I have had the awesome opportunity to be a part of a choir called, "From the Heart." It's a student run choir, not affiliated with the school, but we perform firesides every week. There is a spirit about it which is just so awesome and overwhelming, I feel so lucky to be a part of it. Because it is student run, that means everyone in it sacrifices their time and talents, we practice thursday for two hours and sunday as well. We truly give our whole hearts to singing these sacred songs and I am so thankful for all the members examples.


I remember seeing the choir perform last year and just crying the whole time #likeaboss

I also remember thinking that I so wanted to be a part of it, so I tried out this year, and when I made it I was so dang happy. There are about 25 -30 of us.


Rexburg wind, the ingredient to make anyone look like a model.

Onto why I love this choir so much. Last tuesday we had the opportunity to go and perform at the Juvenile Correctional Center in St. Anthony. All I can say is that it truly was one of the most powerful experiences of my life. Ah guys!!! I just feel so lucky that I was able to be an instrument in the Lord's hand and to be a part of it! I just know that as we sang that God loved those kids, infinitely. As we were singing a song called, "Come unto Him", I so badly wanted those kids to heed that call!

It was so different than singing at a normal fireside because I felt that these boys and girls at the center needed a pick-me-up and needed to know EXACTLY who they needed to turn to, to know that they are not, nor ever, alone.

I am so thankful for this gospel and I know that those beautiful boys and girls felt their Savior's love that night! When you know, ya know, right?

I love it.

P.S. mama feels that she is blogging too much, I'll stahp, maybe.

0 comments: